Computer simulations of materials in interiors of the earth and giant planets, first-principle simulation techniques, equation of state calculations.
New course: EPS 109 "Computer Simulations in Earth and Planetary Sciences"
Research interests: Computer simulations of planetary interiors
- Mineral physics
- Modeling of interiors of giant planets
- Simulation of hydrogen-helium mixtures at high pressure
- Equation of state calculation of crystalline and fluid materials
- First-principles simulation methods:
- Quantum Monte Carlo simulations
- Density functional calculations
- Path integral Monte Carlo
- Understanding planetary formation processes.